Woman: Slug in my food
Shaquira Hinds is seeking compensation from Chinese restaurant Tai Pan after allegedly almost ingesting a piece of slug.
However, the restaurant operators say she is only looking for a pay day.
Hinds, an accounts representative at KM2 Solutions, Harbour Road, St Michael, told the WEEKEND NATION yesterday that earlier in the day, around 1 p.m., she visited the restaurant, which is located along Fontabelle, St Michael, and ordered a chicken chow mein with pork gravy.
“When I got back to work and started to eat, I felt a funny thing in my mouth so I spat it out and saw half a slug,” she said.
Hinds said she screamed and ran into the bathroom, where she vomited.
Then she returned to the restaurant.
Read the full story in today’s WEEKEND NATION.