Posted on

10 more under FIFA probe


luigimarshall, [email protected]

10 more under FIFA probe

Social Share
Share

FORMER?Dominica Prime Minister Patrick John and long-serving Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation president Oliver Camps are among ten more Caribbean officials to be investigated by FIFA next month over the cash-for-vote scandal.
The powerful world body announced yesterday it had “opened ethics proceedings” against Camps and his CFU contemporaries, coming out of the May meeting in Trinidad where former FIFA presidential candidate Mohamed bin Hammam is alleged to have offered US$40 000 in cash to officials in exchange for their votes at the June 1 FIFA elections.
Only earlier this month, FIFA dished out punishments to several CFU officials, banning four, reprimanding three and warning five, including Barbadians David Hinds and Mark “Bob” Forde, over ethics breaches coming out of the same meeting.
“These proceedings are tied to those recently held,” FIFA said yesterday. “The cases will be submitted to the FIFA Ethics Committee at its next meeting in mid-November.”
As head of the TTFF, Camps would have worked closely with former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner, who served as a special advisor to the TTFF. Warner was initially implicated in the scandal but resigned from FIFA, as CFU president and head of CONCACAF, the governing body for football in North, Central America and the Caribbean.
As a result, all investigations into his role in the meeting were discontinued.
Dominica Football Association president  John, will also be investigated by FIFA along with Raymond Guishard and Damien Hughes of Anguilla; Everton Gonsalves and Derrick Gordon of Antigua; Lionel Haven of the Bahamas; Philippe White of Dominica and Vincent Cassell and Tandica Hughes of Montserrat.
FIFA said its ethics committee had already requested interviews from the 10 officials. (CMC/EZS)
 

LAST NEWS