Posted on

Grass fire closes Foundation

marciadottin, [email protected]

Grass fire closes Foundation

Social Share

Foundation School was forced to close early yesterday after ash and smoke from a nearby grass fire invaded the premises.
The fire, which started around 9:45 a.m., created panic among the approximately 1 100-strong student body, causing many of them to scamper from their classrooms and on to the  pasture.
Principal Robert Cumberbatch reported that “a few students” who complained of breathing problems as a result of smoke inhalation were taken to the Randall Phillips Polyclinic in?Oistins.