Posted on

On track


marciadottin, [email protected]

On track

Social Share

WORK ON Cell Four at the Mangrove Landfill is on track to be completed and handed over to Government by mid-year, according to an official at C.O. Williams which is carrying out the construction work.
Philip Atwell, a director and one of the leads on the $25 million project, told the  SATURDAY SUN that the work, which began in May last year, should be completed by the end of June.
“There is still excavation work happening now. There’s a liner going in and select waste will be placed over the area to ensure that the liner is protected,” he said.
Atwell explained that the 15-acre landfill was being double lined to prepare for waste that would be generated from the $377 million waste-to-energy plant is to be built over a two-and-a-half year period.
 
Read the full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN.

LAST NEWS