Shontelle to rock Cohobblopot
Barbadian international pop star Shontelle is promising to rock Kensington Oval when she performs on the Cohobblopot stage Sunday night.
Addressing some concerns about whether she would be singing R&B and pop on Sunday night, the confident entertainer yesterday declared: “Don’t worry about it, Barbados. It is going to be the show you want for Cohobblopot. It is going to be a really good show.”
Shortly after her arrival on the island, Shontelle told the media assembled in the VIP lounge at Grantley Adams International Airport: “To be able to come back and be part of this festival again means more to me than anything . . . .” She said she and her band had put together “a phenomenal show”.
Minister of Culture Stephen Lashley, National Cultural Foundation (NCF) chairman Monique Taitt, acting chief executive officer John Clarke and other NCF personnel were at the airport to welcome the singer and Shontelle said it meant a lot to be welcomed home in that fashion, especially being invited to perform during Crop Over, the festival that had given birth to her singing career.
In turn, Minister Lashley pointed out the decision to have the Barbadian international artiste as one of the main acts this year was “fuelled by the underpinning of love of Barbadians for their own.”
“This year we have made a concerted decision that Cohobbolpot will reflect Barbadiana in its full gamut,” Lashley said, predicting standing room only at Kensington Oval for a show to which, he said, “the response so far has been phenomenal”. (GC)