HEALING HERBS: Natural foods the best
Elections are expected to have casualties. In fact, the Grease, Unholistic and Unhealthy Party (GUUP) was ripped apart and their dreams were shattered while conceding victory to the People’s Health and Well-being Party (PHWP).
The hurt associated with the recent election in silent doctor town crippled the self-confidence of candidates pig tail, salt and sugar. Pig tail especially remains pickled in his detrimental brine.
Some of his associates – especially salt meat, alcohol, corned beef, baked pork, luncheon meat, hot dogs, hamburgers, sweet drinks, fried pork, unhealthy snacks, bacon, cakes, pastries, doughnuts, potato chips and macaroni pie – still huddle around him in disbelief.
At party headquarters in Surgery Road it was clear that these and other unholistic foods have been voted out of the cupboards of empowered constituents. Alas! Wisdom spoke out in the conscious minds of the people as they ascended with the Christ energy during this season to better health.
Consequently, silent doctors’ reputation as preventers and healers of various health challenges continues to show up at various research levels. The people recognize that over-consumption of fatty, brine-preserved, non-organic, genetically modified, artificially coloured, carbonated or unholistic foods can cause some serious health challenges.
In an Internet article captioned The Six Thousand Hidden Dangers Of Processed Foods (And What To Choose Instead) it was revealed that:
• Some synthetic chemicals used in food processing are known to have carcinogenic (cancer-causing) properties.
• A seven-year study conducted by the University of Hawaii of almost 200 000 people found that those who ate the most processed meats (hot dogs, bologna) had a 67 per cent higher risk of pancreatic cancer than those who ate little or no meat products.
• Heavily processed foods are usually higher in sugar, fat and salt, and lower in nutrients and fibre than the raw foods used to create them, making them the perfect choice if you’re interested in unhealthy weight gain and water retention (obesity).
• According to the World Health Organization, processed foods are to blame for the spike in obesity levels and chronic disease around the world.
• Many processed foods have trans-fatty acids (TFA), the dangerous type of fat you don’t want in your diet because it causes heart disease. TFAs give rise to low-density lipoprotein, or LDL, the dangerous cholesterol, and squash high-density lipoprotein, or HDL, the good one.
Many words are frequenting our space this season, including temptation, full moon, Jupiter, fasting and crucifixion. I leave you to ponder this: Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! – Proverbs 6:6.
• Annette Maynard-Watson is a teacher and herbal educator.
DISCLAIMER: It is not our intention to prescribe or make specific health claims for any products. Any attempt to diagnose and treat real illness should come under the direction of your health care professional.