Posted on

Fire takes everything


shadiasimpson, [email protected]

Fire takes everything

Social Share
Share

NIGEL DEPEIZA lost everything but the clothes on his back when fire destroyed his three-bedroom house at Taylors Gap in Weston, St James, Monday night.
The shaken and tearful chef told the MIDWEEK NATION: “I was asleep in the bedroom of the house when I started to smell gasoline and smoke and when I got up and attempted to leave the bedroom, I met a blaze of fire and extreme heat that scorched my head and ears.
“I went back into the bedroom and dived through the window to escape from the fire.    
“I received injuries to both of my ears, neck and fingers as a result of the fire and I was taken to the QEH by ambulance and my estimated loss is over $150 000 but I thank God that I have life.”
Depeiza had been living there for more than 20 years. His 18-year-old son Reco Taylor had also lived there. (RL)
Here, Depeiza at a loss after his house was destroyed by fire. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock.)

LAST NEWS