Posted on

Tourism project sees gains


BEA DOTTIN, [email protected]

Tourism project sees gains

Social Share

Government says the island inclusive programme, designed to bring more visitors to the island by giving a financial incentive to them, is reaping some success.
Minister of Tourism and International Transport Richard Sealy told a post-Cabinet Press conference held recently to unveil a ten-point plan for the industry at Government Headquarters that more than 5 000 tourists had taken advantage of the vouchers being offered under the programme.
He said $11 million had been allocated to the programme, which was expected to bring an additional 15 000 tourists to our shores, with a total spend of $30 million.
The package was rolled out in Barbados’ major source markets of Britain, Canada, some European countries, Brazil and the Caribbean – from April 29.
Visitors from Britain and Europe will be entitled to $600 per person for a seven-night stay or $400 per person for a five-night stay. Tourists travelling from Canada and the United States will receive $400 per person, for a booking of seven nights and $300 for a stay of five nights.
Brazilian visitors will receive $400 per person for a stay of seven nights; while tourists from the Caribbean will be entitled to $300 per person for a five-night stay, and $200 for a booking of two nights.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Maximum 1000 characters remaining in your comment.

LAST NEWS