Posted on

Fire alarm


Carlos Atwell

Fire alarm

Social Share
Share

IT WAS A CLOSE call yesterday for residents and businesses surrounding the Bridgetown Sewage Treatment Plant in Lakes Folly, St Michael.
Fire broke out in a storage room said to contain chlorine which, if ignited, would have resulted in very dangerous and potentially deadly smoke being released into a populated area.
However, quick action by the Barbados Fire Service and several other emergency organizations prevented what could have been a major crisis.
Reports indicate the fire started around 1 p.m. A worker, who did not disclose his name, said he and another worker were in the lunchroom when they heard a loud noise and saw flames.

LAST NEWS