GET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER!
?That’s the message Minister of Sport Stephen Lashley has sent to the powers that be in the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) and the Barbados Cricket Association (BCA) when it relates to the treatment of cricket legends and dignitaries entering Kensington Oval.
Lashley revealed there had been no official discussion at the Cabinet level of taking cricket legend Desmond Haynes’ name off the stand which bears it and that of his former opening partner Gordon Greenidge.
However, he added that should Kensington Oval ever fall under his purview, there would be no recurrence of a similar incident to Haynes’ at the mecca of cricket in the Caribbean.
On March 9, Haynes was denied smooth access to the Three Ws Stand, and the Greenidge & Haynes Stand. He called for his name to be removed from the stand and said he would be seeking legal advice in connection with his call.
Lashley said the issue could have been avoided if proper protocols had been in place.
“If I ever have responsibility for Kensington Oval, that is exactly what would happen. There would be proper protocols in place to ensure that these things do not occur,” he told the DAILY NATION in an interview.