The show that climaxes Crop Over has been hit by a financial snag, causing its promoter to pull out a month before the event.
Premier Event Services Incorporated, the private entity coordinating Cohobblopot Ignition slated for August 31, at Kensington Oval, has been floored by challenges relating to production costs and sponsorship, causing the National Cultural Foundation (NCF) to have to take over the event.
Chief executive officer of the NCF, Cranston Browne, told the SATURDAY SUN that the Government-funded Foundation was advised yesterday that Premier Event Services, which promoted Cohobblopot last year, could not produce the event which annually showcases the best acts of Crop Over.
“We were advised today that Premier had challenges producing the event, so we have been in discussion with them,” Browne said.
“We will be producing the event but with a changed format, but we have to speak to the sponsors first,” he added.