Posted on

Ebola plan


Sanka Price

Ebola plan

Social Share

Barbados is taking preemptive steps to keep the Ebola virus away from its shores, says Minister of Health John Boyce.
And if the deadly virus now rampaging across West Africa somehow manages to slip into the island, his ministry has already identified and put measures in place to deal with any eventuality.
The ministry views the situation so seriously that last Thursday technocrats briefed the Cabinet on their plan for the Ebola crisis that has so far claimed 932 lives from the 1 711 infected with it in West Africa.
“We are so much on top of it that we made Cabinet aware of the potential threat,” said Boyce yesterday, adding that a Press conference would be held today to inform the public on the disease.
At this morning’s briefing at the Ministry of Health’s office on Culloden Road, St Michael, acting Chief Medical Officer Dr Elizabeth Ferdinand will address concerns relating to the Ebola virus, said a Government Information Service release yesterday.

LAST NEWS