Posted on

Couple outs electrical fire


RL

Couple outs electrical fire

Social Share

QUICK ACTION by a Haynesville, St James couple averted major damage to their home tonight.

According to occupant Rosalind Mccollin, “I was home and all I heard was ‘pax, pax’ and when I went upstairs, I saw the light bulb socket burning. Me and my boyfriend [Mervin Greaves] took turns in trying to put out the fire and we were able to [do so] by the time the Fire Service arrived.”

The damage was confined to the upstairs part of the government unit at Block 15. A bed and a television set were also damaged.

Two fire tenders under the command of acting Station Officer Clarence Hinds responded. (RL)

LAST NEWS