Posted on

Fire scare at Barrack Building


Carlos Atwell, carlosatwell @nationnews.com

Fire scare at Barrack Building

Social Share

STAFF IN Warrens Tower I, better known as the Barrack Building, was sent scampering to safety after a fire broke out in one of the fourth floor bathrooms.

What made matters worse was that staff members said the building’s fire alarm did not go off, something which is now under investigation.

“This building is equipped with strobe lights that are supposed to flash when there is a fire as well as an alarm system but none of that went off; instead we heard a lady shouting ‘fire!’ We work on the second floor in the HIV Commission so after we heard the shout and started to smell something electrical burning, we looked outside and saw the smoke, then got out,” said a worker, who requested anonymity.

The worker said the alarm system worked during drills so he did not understand what happened, although he admitted the last drill was “three or four years ago”.

Please read the full story in today’s Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Maximum 1000 characters remaining in your comment.

LAST NEWS