No more Zika test samples
AS EFFORTS to eradicate the Zika virus take on momentum, health officials are saying that no more suspected cases of the disease have been sent to Trinidad for testing at the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA).
Of the samples sent there, seven came back positive, three of them being pregnant women.
Minister of Health John Boyce said it was the last figure that the ministry had, and “anymore information that we get we will immediately release it”.
Boyce, speaking to the DAILY NATION after a Democratic Labour Party Christ Church South branch meeting at St Lawrence Primary School Sunday night, said the three cases and their treatment would involve specialised obstetrics care.
He said all medical practitioners in Barbados had been advised of the procedures the ministry was supporting in terms of management of cases.
Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.