Posted on

Windies ‘ready’


CMC

Windies ‘ready’

Social Share
Share

KOLKATA – West Indies captain Darren Sammy says the contracts impasse with the West Indies Cricket Board is a thing of the past and the squad is now fully focused on winning the World Twenty20.

Prior to leaving the Caribbean, the squad and the board sparred over the new pay structure in the tour contracts, raising fears of a player pull-out for the March 8 to April 3 ICC event.

However, Sammy told reporters yesterday that all pay issues had been put to a side as cricket now took precedence.

“Once you step out on the cricket field you should not be worried about contracts and other stuff,” Sammy said.

Please read the full story in today’s Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.

LAST NEWS