UPDATE: Man suffers electrical shock
POLICE HAVE CONFIRMED 57-year-old Ivor Griffith received an electrical shock earlier today while picking breadfruit.
Griffith, of no-fixed-place-of-abode, was reportedly using a metal rod to pick breadfruit from a tree at Farm Tenantry, St Peter, when the rod came in contact with electrical wires.
He fell about 20 feet from the tree, receiving injuries to his left shoulder and a bruise on his right hand.
Griffith was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance and is said to be in a stable condition.
Officials from Barbados Light and Power Company also responded to the incident. (PR/SAT)