Posted on

Late-night fire leaves eight homeless


TRE GREAVES, [email protected]

Late-night fire leaves eight homeless

Social Share

A ST MICHAEL family has been thrown into a state of despair after their modest home was destroyed by fire Saturday night.

Eight people, including a one-year-old, were left homeless after the fire at Murphy’s Pasture, Emmerton, at about 9:15 p.m.

Neville Cox told the DAILY NATION that his family had been suffering for a long time from unemployment and their electricity had been cut off.

“My father sells nuts, he struggling. We ain’t got no current, the light was out and we did just using a candle and trying to get money to get the light back on,” Cox said. (TG)

 

Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.


LAST NEWS