Two local attractions nominated among Caribbean’s best
ST NICHOLAS ABBEY and George Washington House are in the running to be voted the Caribbean’s Best Attraction in the 2017 USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards.
The abbey is currently in second place while the house is listed at number 12.
The Bob Marley Museum in Kingston Jamaica heads the list of 20.
The abbey, located at Cherry Tree Hill, St Peter, is one of three Jacobean-style mansions remaining the Western Hemisphere.
Meanwhile, Barbados was the only country Washington visited before becoming the first president of the United States and the historic house is the only one he ever lived in outside the US.
Voting is open until month-end here.
Below is the full list of contenders.
1. The Bob Marley Museum – Kingston, Jamaica
2. St Nicholas Abbey – Barbados
3. Botanical Gardens of Nevis – Nevis
4. Loterie Farm – Saint Martin
5. Pekelmeer Flamingo Sanctuary & Salt Flats – Bonaire
6. Lucayan National Park – Grand Bahama, Bahamas
7. El Yunque National Forest – Puerto Rico
8. Dunn’s River Falls – Ocho Rios, Jamaica
9. Caroni Bird Sanctuary – Trinidad
10. Arikok National Park – Aruba
11. La Soufriere Drive-In Volcano – St Lucia
12. George Washington House and Museum – Barbados
13. Mystic Mountain Jamaica – Ocho Rios, Jamaica
14. Shirley Heights – Antigua
15. St Kitts Scenic Railway – St Kitts
16. Frigate Bird Sanctuary – Barbuda
17. Graycliff – Nassau, Bahamas
18. The Hermitage on Mt. Alvernia – Cat Island, Bahamas
19. Museum Kurá Hulanda – Curacao
20. Shete Boka National Park – Curacao