Posted on

Lashley: I’m not in that


YVETTE BEST, [email protected]

Lashley: I’m not in that

Social Share

NOT THIS MINISTER!

Minister of Culture Stephen Lashley has denied that he had any involvement in the judging process of any of the competitions in the Sweetest Summer Festival.

There has often been debate at the end of the Pic-O-De-Crop about if the person crowned was actually the chosen one, or whether some other forces were brought to bear. Last year’s crowning of the first female since 1988 in the form of Aziza was no different.

Speaking to the DAILY NATION on Sunday on the sidelines of the annual Valentine’s luncheon for his Christ Church West Central constituency at Almond Bay in Hastings, Lashley said he did not see the list prior to the announcement of the results, and did not “necessarily want to see either”.

 Further, he said he had never had a list and “it is not the thing to do”. (YB)

Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.

LAST NEWS