Over 800 000 cruisers expected
BARBADOS IS ON course for another record performance in cruise tourism for the 2017-2018 season.
Chief executive officer of Barbados Port Inc., David Jean-Marie, told the SUNDAY SUN that bookings for the period April 2017 to March 2018, indicated that more than 800 000 passengers should be passing through the Port, with 490 cruise ship calls expected.
It would represent a 12 per cent increase in cruise passenger arrivals over last year when the island saw 713 217 cruise passenger arrivals between October 2016 and April 2017.
The performance is evidence of the “strong growth in cruise”, which Jean-Marie said Barbados continued to register. He revealed that the island welcomed 13 new cruise ships on inaugural visits during the just ended season and the Disney Fantasy would make its inaugural call on June 22. (GC)
Please read the full story in today’s Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.