Stadium to host summer camp
INTERIM Chief executive officer of the National Sports Council Jerry Blenman has given the assurance that all is well at the National Stadium ahead of the NSC’s summer sports camp.
“The Council has taken some very important steps over the last year, to ensure that activities that take place at the National Stadium are done in as safe an arrangement as possible,” he said during a press conference at the NSC’s Blenheim headquarters on Friday.
“We continue to maintain that all of the stands are restricted, so there is no use of the stands. The track is an excellent track and that will be in use for the summer camp, but we will have the necessary restrictions in terms of the facility.”
While noting that staff at the Stadium was in the process of being transferred to the neighbouring Netball Stadium as a precaution to ensure safety, he said logistics have been put in place for those who will utilise the Stadium during the summer. (RA)
Please read the full story in today’s Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.