Posted on

Don’t blame us, say Deacons ‘block’ men


MARIA BRADSHAW, [email protected]

Don’t blame us, say Deacons ‘block’ men

Social Share
Share

IT’S KNOWN LOCALLY as the Red Sea but the “block” men of the neighbourhood of Deacons Farm insist that contrary to its national reputation, you don’t need divine intervention to cross it.

Furthermore, the men say they have no intention of disrupting this weekend’s Crop Over events with violence.

“Bajans safe 250 per cent,” a spokesman for the group told the SUNDAY SUN on Friday. “They can feel safe on these roads doing duh carnival and thing. There ain’t nothing for nobody to be frighten for.”

The men said they have felt targeted since a video surfaced on social media two weeks ago threatening violence towards the police. They said armed police and soldiers had been out in the neighbourhood in numbers around the clock since the social media posting. (MB)

Please read the full story in today’s Sunday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.

LAST NEWS