How To Cook Like A Bajan: Marco Polo Macaroni Pie
Do you know how to cook like a Bajan?
Watch as Chef Rhea Gilkes shows you how to make your own Marco Polo Macaroni Pie.
1 pack Marco Polo Macaroni
1 cup Elle & Vire Cooking Cream
2 oz Elle & Vire Butter
2 cups Milk
2 oz Flour
2 oz Pepper sauce
2 oz Tomato paste
Water as needed
Salt to taste
White pepper to taste
Sunflower oil as needed
16 oz Cheddar cheese
Parmesan cheese as needed
Onion 1 large (grated)
1. Lightly oil a casserole dish and set aside, heat oven to 350 F.
2. Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add salt to taste and a little sunflower oil.
3. Add macaroni to boiling water and cook until soft, strain, oil and set aside.
Elle & Vire Cheese sauce
1. In medium pot melt butter and whisk in flour until it forms a smooth paste.
2. Slowly add milk while whisking, continue to whisk until the mixture thickens.
3. When the mixture coats the back of a spoon add tomato paste, onion, pepper sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Stir in Elle & Vire cream and cheese to finish (leave approximately 2oz of cheese to sprinkle on the top).
5. Mix cheese sauce and Marco Polo Macaroni together in a large bowl until the cheese sauce is evenly distributed.
6. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and spread evenly.
7. Sprinkle cheddar and parmesan cheese on top and bake until golden brown.