Posted on

No money yet


KENDY GRAHAM

No money yet

Social Share
Share

Some barbadians who were left stranded in Miami earlier this month after a failed cruise for which they paid upward of $3 000 each, are yet to get their money back.

They are now hoping they will be refunded before the year ends – if the promise comes true.

They were part of a 37-member group who paid for a one-week cruise that was scheduled to leave Miami on December 2, but were left in Miami with no cruise and no alternative accommodation. Some of the disappointed travellers made alternative arrangements, some left on December 6 and 7 while others opted to stay until December 13 when they were originally scheduled to leave.

One of the members of the group which returned on December 13, who would only give her name as Vicki, said efforts to reach Joycelyn Austin Roberts, who arranged the cruise, had proven futile until Friday, December 22. The woman said Roberts returned her calls that day and said the matter was in the hands of her lawyer, and she was hoping to repay the money by year-end. Vicki said Roberts refused to give the lawyer’s name, however. (KG)

Please read the full story in today’s Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.

LAST NEWS