PSV bodies warn Govt to meet . . . or else
They have asked. They have waited. And now they are frustrated and ready to protest.
Roy Raphael, chairman of the Alliance Owners of Public Transport, said the group’s calls for duty-free concessions for parts and vehicles had been continuously ignored and a warning to Government is that 2018 will be the year for action.
Raphael said the alliance had the support of fellow public service vehicle (PSV) body, the Association of Public Transport Operators.
“The two bodies meet once a month and we work closely. We will be making a public statement very, very shortly as it relates to us being ignored by the Ministry of Finance – either they give us the duty-free concessions or we are going to take action,” he said.
This is not the first time Raphael or another representative of the PSV sector has spoken out about duty-free concessions, but he said the issue had now reached boiling point because the sector was under-performing without those concessions. (CA)
Please read the full story in today’s Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.