Posted on

Report all!


Report all!

Social Share

All accidents should be reported to the police, says its public relations officer acting Inspector Rodney Inniss.

Inniss who was speaking to THE NATION on Friday in reference to hit-and-runs, said some motorists were not officially reporting those incidents to the police.

He said in order for an incident to be investigated by the police it must be first reported.

“You should go to a police station and make a formal report and say you were involved in an accident and the other motorist did not stop.

“In doing that, the matter would be followed up and investigations carried out. Some people, in casual conversation would just say ‘a man just hit me and went long’ but to make a report means to inform a police officer within 24 hours and give a statement of what occurred,” he said. (SB)

Please read the full story in today’s Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.