Posted on

Crop Over food vendors need permits


Crop Over food vendors need permits

Social Share

Food vendors who intend to set up businesses during Crop Over events are reminded that they must be in possession of a valid permit to operate a temporary restaurant.

Applications should be made to the Environmental Health Department at the polyclinic closest to where the event will be staged and must be submitted at least two weeks before the event. For example, the closing date for applications for activities taking place from Friday, August 3, to Monday, August  6, is Friday, July 20.

According to Principal Environmental Health Officer, Lana McQuilkin-Prescod, this timeline allows for the inspection of the applicant’s premises to ensure that conditions are conducive to the preparation of food that is wholesome for human consumption.

Business owners are also reminded that food handlers must be in possession of a valid medical certificate from a registered medical practitioner. The certificate is considered valid if it was issued this year and will expire on December 31, 2018. (BGIS)