Posted on

Centre hit by double drainage fault


RIA GOODMAN, [email protected]

Centre hit by double drainage fault

Social Share

The Barbados Tennis Association has faced a major stumbling block in carrying out its plans to installfour new courts at the National Tennis Centre.

After being given preliminary approval by Town and Country Planning to begin work on the structure built in 1992, the Drainage Division has halted the ground breaking being financed by the Maria Holder Trust.

This was revealed by president of the Barbados Tennis Association, Dr Raymond Forde, on Tuesday.

“The approval had been tentatively given from Town and Country Planning, but the Drainage Division is giving us a problem, so it is at a standstill. All we have been told is they are not happy with the way it is. When we have rain, we always have an issue. Thirteen hours of rain [during the passing of Tropical Storm Kirk] is quite a lot of rain and we had a massive pond,” he said. (RG)

Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.

For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.

LAST NEWS