Posted on

Mottley: Search will continue


SAT

Mottley: Search will continue

Social Share
Share

Barbados will continue the search for missing Americans Magdalena Devil and Oscar Suarez.

That was the assurance given by Prime Minister Mia Mottley earlier this evening after she arrived at the Grantley Adams International Airport from London, England.

Mottley said she was updated on the efforts to find Devil, 25, and 32-year-old Suarez who have been missing since Monday,

The Prime Minister said although searches of this nature went on for 72 hours, she advised those involved to continue for another 72 hours. She said the American government had also offered aerial support, but was satisfied everything was being done to find the two visitors.

Devil and Suarez rented a jet ski at Holetown, St James, on Monday and did not return after the scheduled length of the ride. Since then, a search has been mounted both in the air and at sea and Caribbean neighbours St Lucia and St Vincent and The Grenadines have also been alerted.

Relatives of the couple are in Barbados seeking answers. (SAT)

whatsapp-alerts-bloc

LAST NEWS