Posted on

No new COVID-19 cases for two consecutive days


BGIS

No new COVID-19 cases for two consecutive days

Social Share

The Ministry of Health and Wellness reported today that for the first time since the first two cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) were diagnosed on March 16, Barbados has recorded no new cases of COVID-19 for two consecutive days.

In a statement issued by Government Information Service, the ministry said that out of a total 65 tests carried out on April 15 and 16, no one tested positive for the viral illness.

“It’s a good sign, but we want to warn people not to become complacent.
“They must continue to follow the public health advice to stay indoors as much as possible, and limit contact with others. Practise proper hand hygiene and maintain physical distancing. These are the measures that give us the best chance of containing this outbreak, and we must stay on course,” said Acting Chief Medical Officer, Dr Anton Best.

The Best-dos Santos Public Health Laboratory has conducted 965 tests for COVID-19 since February 11, 75 of which have been positive.

This number comprised 38 females and 37 males.

Five Barbadians have succumbed to the illness, 15 have so far recovered and 55 remain in isolation. (BGIS)

 

Download the Telegram app from the App Store or Play Store and sign up for new alerts at this link.

Join Nation News on Telegram

 

nationnews-on-telegram

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Maximum 1000 characters remaining in your comment.

LAST NEWS