Immigration Department makes changes
The Barbados Immigration Department will resume full operations and return to regular office hours of 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., from Monday, May 18,
However, due to the ongoing response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Department has implemented an online appointment system for its core services, according to a media statement.
Application and Collection of Barbados Passports:
Passport applications by appointments only to be scheduled by visiting the department’s website at immigration.gov.bb.
• All queries concerning Barbados passports may be sent to the email address [email protected].
• The Saturday passport application and collection services are suspended, until further notice.
• Discontinuation of walk-ins for passport applications.
• Collections by walk-in on the collection date stated on the cash receipt or any time after that date.
Applications for Various Forms of Status and Visas Applications
These will also be accepted from Monday, May 18, by appointment only.
All queries should be sent to the official email addresses, or made via telephone, as listed on the department’s website at www.immigration.gov.bb.
Protocol for visitors:
• All visitors will be required to have their temperatures checked upon arrival.
• All visitors will be required to sanitise their hands upon arrival.
• Only people doing business with the department will be allowed to enter.
• In order to reduce time spent being screened at the scanner, visitors are required to travel only with items necessary for transacting their business
• All visitors are required to wear masks (disposable/cloth).
• Visitors are required to maintain social distancing and stay at least six feet away from other persons. (BGIS)