Posted on

Confessed shooter gets ten years

Confessed shooter gets ten years

Social Share
Share

Neco Ramone Johnson said he was sorry, but he will have to spend at least ten more years in jail for shooting a man, who ended up paralysed, just five years ago.

The 25-year-old, of Watts Village, St George, pleaded guilty last week to using a firearm without a licence, and shooting Cal Best three times, with intent to do him serious bodily harm or disfigure him, all on September 19, 2015.

He told the No. 3 Supreme Court it was a mistake which he regretted. He also said he had learnt to control his anger during the five years on remand at HMP Dodds and wanted to be outside to build a foundation and compensate the victim.

Justice Carlisle Greaves said Johnson armed himself with a gun and shot Best in the back three times. The bullets pierced the heart, liver and lungs. Best was rushed to surgery at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, where he spent about seven months, but ended up paralysed from the waist down. (RA)

Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.

For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.