Posted on

Holetown Festival, Agrofest called off


Kendy

Holetown Festival, Agrofest called off
Chief Executive Officer of the Barbados Agricultural Society, James Paul. - (FP)

Social Share

Two major events scheduled for next month have fallen prey to the COVID-19 pandemic.

While the Holetown Festival has been shelved, the island’s biggest agricultural exhibition, Agrofest, has been postponed.

Public relations officer for the Holetown Festival, Jamar “The Star” Brown, in a release on Monday, said the festival, carded for February 13 to 20, had been cancelled as a result of the recent developments and measures imposed by the Government.

“Whilst only a short time ago we felt optimistic that February 2021 was far away to confidently proceed with our plans, as it stands today we cannot guarantee the one thing that our exhibitors and sponsors trust us above all else to deliver – namely a large-scale, high-quality-hosted buyer attendance,” he said.

Disappointment

Brown said this was a disappointment not only to the exhibitors, buyers and industry professionals who were expected to attend the festival, but also to Barbadians and visitors who look forward to the annual festival.

“Despite the disappointment and impact we know you will feel, we want to assure you now that we are eagerly looking forward to staging the Holetown Festival in 2022. The dates for the next year’s festival will also be from the February 13 to 20,” he added.

Meanwhile, Barbados Agricultural Society chief executive officer James Paul announced on television on Monday that there will be consultations with stakeholders to determine if Agrofest can be held later in the year. (RA)

LAST NEWS