Carter: I should be in ODI team
One of Barbados’ leading batsmen, Jonathan Carter, says he is “disappointed” after being left out of the West Indies One-Day-International (ODI) squad for the tour of Bangladesh.
Carter, who was captain and leading batsman for the Barbados Pride in the Regional Super 50 Cup last year, believes he should have been included in the 15-man ODI team, which includes nine newcomers for the three-match series.
“I really want to get back in the West Indies team. I’m definitely disappointed not to be in the team. Any player who has played for the West Indies already and has done what I have done before would be disappointed,” Carter told Weekend Sport at Kensington Oval recently.
The Caribbean side departed the region last Friday without the likes of Test captain Jason Holder and ODI skipper Kieron Pollard. The first ODI is set for the Murpur Stadium in Dhaka on January 20, with the second and third on January 22 and 25, respectively.
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.