Bostic: Stop it!
Minister of Health and Wellness Jeffrey Bostic on Sunday begged and pleaded with Barbadians to stay off the street and away from supermarkets unless absolutely necessary.
In what could be described as one of his sternest tones since Barbados was struck by the COVID-19 virus last year, Bostic expressed great disappointment with the behaviour of some Barbadians recently, as the country continues to battle a second wave of the virus that has now claimed the lives of 31 Barbadians, 24 of which occurred this year.
He announced that the stay-at-home order which took effect from Friday
at 7 p.m. would end on Monday at 6 a.m.
In his 20-minute national address, Bostic said Government was now looking at a special programme to provide accommodation at quarantine-approved hotels for members of large households, while awaiting COVID-19 test results. He said this would help reduce the chance of the virus being contracted, or spread at a time when the country is still dealing with community transmission.
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.