UPDATES: Covid Management May 3, 2021
Key points and live updates from the May 3, 2021 COVID management press conference featuring David Leacock, Director of the Psychiatric Hospital; Dr Brian Maclachlan, Consultant at the Psychiatric Hospital and Dr Kimberley Phillips, Medical Officer of Health Brandford Taitt Polyclinic.
Ministry of Health Jeffrey Bostic
- Barbados recorded its 45th death from COVID-19
- A 63-year-old man died at the Harrison Point Isolation facility.
- He was admitted on April 23 and spent six days on a ventilator.
- He extended condolences to the Indian community in Barbados who are losing relatives because of the COVID-19 situation there.
- There were 15 news cases on May 2 from 353 tests.
- Three from the Psychiatric Hospital (2 male in-patients, 2 male out-patients)
- 8 people also from a family in St Michael
- This outbreak increased the positivity rate from 1.5 per cent over the last seven days to just under 5.
- The infection is 31 from 100 000, and the target is 25 from 100 000.
- 82 clients in one ward at the Psychiatric Hospital were tested.
- 25 staff all tested and in quarantine.
- They are awaiting second tests to be done tomorrow.
- All clients on four other wards were also tested.
- One person declined to be tested and will be in quarantine
- All of these tests were negative so far.
Dr Brian Maclachlan
- Of 29 discharged, four were readmitted.
- Five can’t be found for follow up testing.
- All of the others were contacted for follow up.