Trinidad to resume virus vaccinations
Port Of Spain – Minister of Health Terrence Deyalsingh says that the vaccination programme will resume on Monday.
In making the announcement on Saturday during a virtual media briefing, the minister said that in addition to healthcare workers, people over the age of 60 with or without non-communicable diseases (NCDs) will be targeted.
Additionally, people under the age of 60 with NCDs, including those with asthma, will also be eligible for vaccination.
The Ministry of Health has advised that individuals with comorbidities, such as heart disease, hypertension, diabetes and cancer, should consult their physician before taking the COVID-19 vaccine.
The minister also said that several mass vaccination sites and health centres were added.
The ministry explained that eligible people who have already requested an appointment via the designated phone or WhatsApp number will be contacted by the relevant Regional Health Authority (RHA).
All other eligible people are urged to make an appointment to receive the COVID-19 vaccine using the designated call-in numbers or WhatsApp numbers for the various RHAs.
Meanwhile, Chief Medical Officer Dr Roshan Parasram assured those who already received the first dose of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine that they will receive their second dose.
This follows the announcement by Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley last week that the government will use the remaining vaccines as first doses. (CMC)