UPDATES: COVID Management May 9, 2021
Key points and updates from the COVID-19 media conference featuring Minister of Health Jeffrey Bostic and Minister of Education Santia Bradshaw.
Minister of Education Santia Bradshaw
- It’s safe for students to return to school at St George Primary and Princess Margaret Secondary.
- Staff and students tested have all returned negative results.
- There will be a phased return to classes at some primary schools from May 11, while others will have a blended approach.
- We cannot live in fear.
- Safety monitors will help to ensure students follow safety protocols.
- 26 small primary schools can take all of their students.
- 4 large primary schools can take in all students in a phased approach.
- Schools using a phased approach: George Lamming Primary, Arthur Smith Primary, Hilda Skeene Primary, St Stephen’s Primary
- Phased approach: Tuesday May 11 – Class 2 and Reception to return.
- Phased approach: Thursday, May 13 – Class 1, Infants A and Infants B.
- Phased approach at two secondary schools only.
- These schools have small numbers of students writing exams and can accommodate students from this week, beginning Tuesday, May 11.
- Daryll Jordan Secondary School – Second and Lower Fifth Forms.
- Grantley Adams Memorial School – First and Second Form.
- Form Four of the following schools will return from Tuesday, May 11: Queen’s College, The Lodge School, Christ Church Foundation.
- Principals will provide details.