Bradshaw: 11-Plus date soon
Barbadians will soon be informed of the date for this year’s Barbados Secondary Schools’ Entrance Examination, also known as the 11-Plus.
Minister of Education Santia Bradshaw gave this assurance on Sunday during the Barbados Labour Party Stan’ Home Political Mass Rally that was held online.
“Don’t worry about the 11-Plus ’cause I know many people worried. I told the country we were going to do the assessments on the children; the assessments are under way. I give the assurance the next two weeks or sooner, we will have a position as far as the 11-Plus date is concerned. That is our commitment to you,” she said.
During the event, which was a celebration of the third anniversary of the BLP’s election victory, members of the Cabinet reported on their stewardship over the last year.
Bradshaw also spoke about what was being done to transition education. She spoke about coding and robotics and reaffirmed the Mia Mottley Administration’s commitment to education during COVID-19 and beyond.
“We have to make sure we protect our children. We got our children to school. We made sure that despite all the opposition we were able to get them back into school when others thought that we could not do it.
“We put over 240 safety monitors in various institutions across this country. We blazed a trail over the rest of the region because we were recognised as making sure our schools were safe.
“The loss of instructional time is too great and our promise as a Barbados Labour Party administration to this country, is that we will not rest on our laurels,” Bradshaw said. (GBM)