Charge against father dismissed
Almost four years after he had been charged in connection with the death of his four-month-old son, father Dylan Nigel Marius had that case discontinued in the No. 3 Supreme Court yesterday.
Marius, 43, of Walrond Gap, Back Ivy, St Michael, had been accused of unlawfully killing Dellon Marius on April 3, 2017.
Yesterday, Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Donna Babb-Agard QC told the court that when she reviewed the file, the evidence, as it was, did not support all the elements needed for manslaughter.
As a result, she said she was withdrawing the matter against the father and asked that it be dismissed. (HLE)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.