Posted on

Pele re-enters ICU at hospital


Adriel

Pele re-enters ICU at hospital
Pele is in "stable condition" after respiratory problem, hospital says - GP

Social Share

SAO PAULO – World-renowned former Brazil footballer Pele re-entered an intensive care unit (ICU) at Sao Paulo’s Albert Einstein Hospital, ESPN Brasil reported on Friday, in an apparent deterioration of his health after he left the unit earlier this week.

The hospital said it had no new information.

ESPN Brasil said Pele, an 80-year-old, three-time World Cup winner, was re-admitted to the ICU because of acid reflux.

He had a colon tumour removed this month and was transferred out of the ICU this past Tuesday.

After leaving the ICU, he said in a message to fans on Instagram that he was ready for “90 minutes, plus extra time”.

Pele suffered from hip problems for years and cannot walk unaided.

His public appearances were already being cut before the COVID-19 pandemic and since then he has made few unnecessary forays outside his house near Santos.

(Reuters)