Country Kitchen Cassava Pone
Cassava Pone is a rich, dense pudding made with cassava root and coconut. This popular baked treat is enjoyed year round; however, it is a must for most Bajans during November.
PREP TIME: 15 min
COOK TIME: 1 hr 45 min
SERVES: 30 pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Valrico Coconut Milk/water, warmed
- 4 cups grated cassava
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 cup Plantation Reserve Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup Waitrose Unsalted Butter (melted), warmed
- 1 teaspoon Country Kitchen Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Country Kitchen Almond Extract
- 1/2 cup IGA Raisins
- Preheat oven to 325˚. Grease your baking pan and set aside.
- Blend or mix together Valrico Coconut Milk and grated coconut together, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients in the order listed above and mix well.
- Pour mixture into greased baking pan and place on centre rack of oven and bake uncovered for one hour at 325˚ following another 45 minutes of baking at 350˚.
- The finished product should be firm and not wobbly or shaking.
- If the top is not brown enough for you , bake for 10-15 minutes more, at 375˚.
Saturated Fat: 9g