Full return of Crop Over events
With exception of cavalcades, Crop Over 2023 will be back with the full slate of national events.
This was revealed during a post-Cabinet press conference at Parliament on Friday by Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office with responsibility for Culture, Senator Dr Shantal Munro-Knight.
“This year, unlike last year, we will see again Junior Kadooment on the calendar. Last year we moved to Pandemonium and that was extremely successful, so that will return. We will not have the cavalcades, but we will keep the Crop Over Sweet Limes; again this is one of the features that we had last year that was extremely successful,” she said.
However, the country will have to wait a little longer for news on the route.
Munro-Knight said Cabinet’s decision on the fate of the new Grand Kadooment route along the ABC Highway between the Everton Weekes Roundabout in Warrens and the JCT Ramsay (Bussa) Roundabout in Haggatt Hall, would be announced next week. (Nation News)