Queen of Soca Alison Hinds (FILE)
- Jamaican group completes take-over of Trinidad insurance company Read More
- Government ‘losing out’ on taxes Read More
- Bajan juniors at NBA camp Read More
- NSC to get 6 new cricket coaches Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Scenes of Barbados in Fenty ad Read More
YOUR GUEST WRITER in last Friday’s WEEKEND NATION Joy Alleyne wrote a balanced and fair review of Soca Legends In Concert. The concert took place at Kensington Oval on Saturday, July 29.
She complimented the show but found one glaring omission, the absence of a female soca legend and opined that Alison Hinds would be deserving of inclusion in any Soca Legends show.
We couldn’t agree more with Joy, so much so that Alison was booked to perform and was included in all the early advertising on both social and legacy media.
We were subsequently forced to alter the advertising after being advised that the Soca Queen would be unable to perform after all. So as can be seen, we were on the same page as the writer. In short, there was every intention and commitment to have a female Soca Legend on the cards.
We are hoping that Alison will be available for next year’s concert along with at least one other female legend.
We are delighted that Joy and by extension the others who attended the concert enjoyed the experience to the maximum and that most expectations were met and/or possibly exceeded.
– FIVE GUYS ENTERTAINMENT