- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Thrown for a loop Read More
- WI Women lose T20 opener Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
The quiet of Elizabeth Village St Joseph was broken last night when a man met a fiery death in the rural village.
Police are still conducting investigations into the circumstances surrounding the unnatural death of the man who has not yet been identified. His burnt body was discovered sometime after 10:00 pm on Wednesday night.
According to a statement from Royal Barbados Police Force public relations officer, Inspector Roland Cobbler(ag), police received a report of a person being on fire in Elizabeth Village sometime around 10:42 pm, on Wednesday the 27th of September 2017. On responding to the area, the charred body of a man, believed to be in his sixties (60’s) was discovered lying on his back.
Investigations into this matter are continuing. Anyone who can provide any information that can assist with these investigations is being asked to contact District ‘F’ / Bellplaine at 4332320, or Police Emergency 211, Crime Stoppers at 1800 –TIPS (8477), or the nearest police station.
All information received will be strictly confidential. (PR)