Barbadian superstar Rihanna
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- Clubs force BFA to change course Read More
- Sutherland asks for time Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
Barbados' most famous daughter will soon have a lasting landmark named after her right in the neighbourhood where she grew up.
In a statement a short while ago, the Ministry of Tourism announced:
"The Government of Barbados will on Independence Day, Thursday 30th November, 2017 officially change the name of Westbury New Road located in St. Michael to Rihanna Drive in honour of Barbadian superstar Ms. Robyn Rihanna Fenty who grew up in Westbury New Road."
Prime Minister Freundel Stuart and Rihanna are scheduled to unveil the new signage at a two hour ceremony at Westbury New Road, from 3.00pm to 5.00pm on Independence Day. (PR)