The defaced statue of Lord Nelson. (GP)
- Fortnite developer sues Apple and Google Read More
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Wood pounds queens Deacons Read More
- Serena continues winning streak against Venus Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
The controversial Nelson Statue has been defaced.
Early on the eve of the island's Independence Day celebrations, people passing through National Heroes' Square came across the surprising sight.
Blue and yellow paint and graffiti were placed on the statue and a message was placed at the base.
Under the heading "Nelson must fall", the note charged that Nelson was a "racist and white supremacist who would rather die than see black people free."
The author made it clear that Nelson must go. (NB)