- Guyana welcomes non-stop flight by JetBlue Read More
- Butterfield axes jobs in Bermuda and Cayman Islands Read More
- Milan thrash Wotton Read More
- Jordan, Lewis do it for Patriots Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Ewan McGregor in new Star Wars series Read More
Superstar Rihanna is today mourning the death of her cousin, Tavon Kaiseen Alleyne who was murdered on Boxing Day.
In a sorrowful tribute which she posted to Instagram, the singer mourned that the last time she saw her cousin was on Christmas Day. The post, which displayed several photos of Rihanna and Tavon in happier times, read:
“RIP cousin…can’t believe it was just last night that I held you in my arms! Never thought that would be the last time I felt the warmth in your body!!! Love you always man! #endgunviolence”
The multi-hyphenate star is thought to have celebrated Christmas in Barbados with her family. However, a pall of death was thrown over the festive season when 21 year old Tavon was shot to death around 7 pm last night in Eden Lodge.
According to a statement from the Royal Barbados Police Force, preliminary investigations indicate that Alleyne was walking through a track in the area of his house when he was approached by a man who shot him multiple times before fleeing the scene.
Alleyne was rushed to the QEH by a private vehicle, where he later succumbed to his injuries.
Alleyne’s death was the 31st murder for the year.