The burnt-out shell of the ZR along University Hill. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- Marriott buying Elegant Read More
- CTO undergoing restructuring Read More
- ‘Take a break, Suki’ Read More
- Burke knocks poor facilities Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Entertainment minister demands withdrawal of Jamaica branded items for sale online Read More
Fire destroyed a route three Public Service Vehicle (PSV) along University Hill around 2:30 p.m. today.
The driver of ZR 250, Romario Watson, said he saw smoke coming from the route taxi while going up the hill. He and conductor Peter Rouse looked under the van and saw oil leaking.
“We got three fire extinguishers and sprayed the van but it wasn’t any help,” said Watson. “Luckily no one was injured. We parked for like a good eight minutes or so before it blow.”
Watson and Rouse said this was the first time they ever experience something of the sort.
One fire tender from the Bridgetown fire station responded to the blaze. (SB)